The digital processing process has increased the complexity of the software. This is due to the fact that the software application must work in a multidimensional environment, including processes, devices, networks, operating systems, platforms, servers, IDE and others. In addition, each component of the environment can be further divided, which increases its complexity. Technology is changing rapidly, and every software based on it must work at its optimal level. The software interface for technologies such as cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, AI or IoT, must be sufficiently reliable to provide quality and meet user expectations.
Given the increasing complexity of software, technological changes and the changing dynamics of user behavior, the quality of the software or application must be top notch. To ensure software quality in all parameters, paradigms and disciplines, it is necessary to change the quality assurance process. We are talking not only about software testing, but about the introduction of software quality assurance technology. The idea is not only to identify glitches at the testing stage, but also to eliminate them at the design and development stage.
What is software quality engineering?
Unlike software testing, which includes testing specific software or software related to predetermined results, QA software development is much more diverse and covers everything. A software quality engineer works with the development team to design and develop source codes. He or she performs other related tasks, such as testing, integrating, and deploying software.
If an analyst for a quality engineering company is part of his / her responsibility, establish verifiable test objectives. He or she does this in consultation with all interested parties. The software quality engineer controls the entire SDLC and creates a quality culture where every interested participant is aware of the quality objectives. The basic QA design philosophy is to work on codes at the design stage to eliminate glitches or vulnerabilities.
In addition, a software quality engineer ensures that software is delivered on a tight schedule. The timely deployment of a software application is important to meet customer expectations. It is noteworthy that comprehensive QA software development also includes software testing.
Five rules for software development
The QA Engineering approach shifted to the left. The term means thorough testing of codes at the design stage to identify and eliminate failures. Five rules that a QA engineer must follow to successfully implement a quality design process:
1. Functional testing: The process involves testing the user interface and API to see if they meet design requirements. In this automation test, the basic functions, inputs, settings, and menus are checked. To illustrate further, the functional test includes
Validation of input fields by entering data consisting of strings, special characters, extended characters and non-Latin scripts
Checking the basic functionality of the API and the main parameters of the application for predetermined results
Setting up the application on local machines running in different operating systems
Verifying text functions such as copying, pasting, and editing
Check shortcuts with hotkeys
2. Expert code verification: The source code must be verified by another test engineer to get a better perspective. However, it is recommended to pass a basic functional test before going for peer review.
3. Static code analysis: Use special tools to find security and other vulnerabilities. Such tools can validate static code without actually executing it. Perform a static code analysis to check if required codes are required or comply with safety regulations.
4. Unit testing: The process involves checking the unit containing the component, class, or method for valid or invalid input data. In the DevOps environment, a test module must be run every time it changes to code. Make sure the unit test is extensive for glitches in the bud. A process can use virtualization with dummy inputs to test each test case.
5. User performance test: One user should participate in testing and check for load and performance issues. The test area should include application testing for faster loading and execution.
Five key quality design rules ensure that business goals and user expectations are mandatory. any high-quality engineering company It would be nice to include five key rules in your strategy. Thus, the company helps to eliminate glitches at the stage of software development. This leads to the deployment of better software within the time and budget constraints.